T O P R E P A R E
- Avoid sun exposure and do not have an active tan in the area to be treated. No real tan or fake tan. If you come for treatment with these, we won’t be able to treat you.
- If you have hair growth in the area we will be treating, shave the area the day prior. Doing it a day earlier means your skin recovers faster.
- Avoid products with retinol, exfoliating acids or essential oils in the area to be treated, for at least 1 week prior. Your therapist is the best person to advise you on the correct skincare for your concerns and can create a customised skincare plan for you.
- Wait 1 week after any skin peels, microdermabrasion, injections in the area.
A F T E R Y O U R T R E A T M E N T
- Apply Medi-Soothe gel every 2 hours to restore skin pH barrier, for 24 hours.
- Do not swim, have hot baths, use saunas, or do heavy exercise for 24 hours.
- Do not expose area to direct sun for a week. While you can go about your normal activities, avoid going to the beach and sunbathing, or sitting outside on sunny days catching rays.
- Apply Mineral Pro SPF 30+ daily. We cannot perform Photo Rejuvenation on cilents who do not comply with this condition as the risk to your skin is too great and you won’t receive the full benefits of this wonderful treatment.
- Do not exfoliate, shave or irritate the area until skin has returned to normal. At least 3 days.
- If your skin feels warm, apply a clean, cool damp cloth, and more Medi-Soothe gel.
- Do not apply products containing retinol, acids or essential oils to the area, or close to the area, for 1 week.
- Use only makeup designed for post-procedure care. We recommend and sell Evidence Cosmetic Foundations which are safe to apply immediately following Photo Rejuvenation or any other skin procedure.
- Continue to use cleanser, your ‘wet’ serums (ie. not powder additives, acids or retinols), moisturiser (except aha creams), eye cream and SPF. Be gentle in your applications and do not scrub at skin, use a gentle facecloth. We recommend disposable Fibrella cloths, which are available here at Natashas.
- Wait 3 days before having any injections.
W H A T T O E X P E C T
- Your skin may be pink, slightly swollen, you may see the shape of the treatment head outlined in the mild swelling. This is not so much that another person would notice it, only you will be aware of it. Grazing, blistering or ongoing uncomfortable heat is not ideal and you should SMS us a photograph then contact us right away. Do not do anything except apply ice until we speak.
- Pigment treatments bring colour up to the surface so it can fall off, therefore pigment may appear darker, or like milo sprinkled on the skin. This is a great sign.
- Blood vessel treatments for redness and capillaries can look more red initially, this is fine. Be gentle wtih the area and do not press on it.
B E F O R E Y O U R N E X T T R E A T M E N T
- Advise your therapist of any changes to medicines, health condition, herbal supplements, skincare used or side effects from your last treatment. It is your responsibility to give full disclosure so your treatment is safe and effective.
- Do not begin any new skincare without first checking with your therapist. Skincare can have unexpected effects so it’s best to check with the experts first, to protect your investment and results.
Should you experience a side effect or unexpected response, please contact us first. Do not do anything other than what is recommended here. Your therapist is the best person to advise in this instance.
If you have any concerns phone us on 0434 082 354. We are here to help.